Friday, October 26, 2012

Well to say this post is way over due is a total understatement! Since my last post many things have happened. We spent until March 2012 in Asiago, Italy. We had many visitors last hockey season. We had the Vigilante's come for almost a month last October, We had our brother/brother in law Michael and his girlfriend Kathy come right after Christmas and to bring in the new year with us! We and our friends Chad and Andi Hanson come in January. We also had the Quines (my parents) come in March! So in the month of November last year I got to go to Florence, Italy on Johnny's break. We also went with his team mate Sean and his girlfriend my lovely friend Jenna and their dog Bear! I for the first time in years was home for Thanksgiving! It was so nice to go for a couple of weeks to be with family! Then in December shortly after I got back to Asiago, Johnny broke his thumb. He sat out for a couple of weeks, which was very hard for him to do. He played in a tournament in France a few weeks later,and went on to shatter his thumb. He then needed surgery when he got back from the tournament. It kept him out of playing hockey for another 6 weeks if i remember correctly. When he returned to playing in February he felt great and was back to himself. Only bummer is the team didn't do well.They finished in 8th  place out of 10 last year. Which meant that they played Brunico in the first round of playoffs. The team they beat in the finals the year before and won the championship. Now there was a big controversy that year because Asiago won a game by default. What happened was Brunico played two import goalies and you can only play one. So Brunico actually killed Asiago that game, but it counted as a loss because of the rules! So the next game Asiago won , and won in our arena and took home the championship in a double over time! It was amazing! Needless to say last year was a huge rivalry between Asiago and Brunico. But Asiago didn't come out on top last year. Brunico swept them in the first round of playoffs. It was a huge bummer.  My parents were in town though so we got to go to Venice with them, and also Rome! When we flew home the end of March that was the last time Johnny would play for Asiago. Unless the future holds him there down the road! Asiago, and Italy was one of the best things that has ever been in my life. I loved everyone who we meant. I loved learning the lanuage. I love that I learned many things about myself. I learned to drive a stick shift , and if I ever wanted to go anywhere I needed to learn how to drive the mountain, and I did! I loved that I got to ski the Italian side of the alps. You can get very lonely. But the things I get to experience I will suck up loneliness here and there. Now coming home we always have problems with the dogs....... The first year they told us we couldn't fly because our dog was going to have a heart attack. I told her trust out of all the things this dog can die from a heart attack isn't one of them.We went back to Asiago for 5 days, got better drugs for him, and flew home! Last year coming home was a breeze until we got to Germany..... I thought I was going to be detained because iI was out of the USA for longer than 90 days, but they ended up letting me go after 20 mins or so of questioning. Then we get to the gate and we get paged over the intercom. Johnny goes up to the desk and they tell him one of our dogs is sick and needs to stay over night. So he calls me over tells me whats going on. I must admit I wasn't very nice to the lady. I told her that wasn't an option. But They had to keep him anyway. I over drugged him. Ooopsy. Thankfully the airlines are very good with dogs and the next day Izzo was returned to us safe and sound! We had a great summer with friends and family. We also enjoyed our two nephews Aiden and Anthony! Summers defiantly go by way to fast , and before we know it we are headed to Europe for another hockey season!

No comments:

Post a Comment