Wednesday, November 9, 2011




Hi everyone!
   I am so so so sorry I have been m.i.a . This has been a very busy month. My in laws come for 3 weeks! We took them to Lake Garda (which is one of my favorite places in Italy), Venice, and just around Asiago! They also got to travel to Florence this trip. The last week of them staying here my father in laws cousin and her husband (Carol, and Jo) came to Asiago! It was so nice to them here in Asiago. I also made the 6 of us Thanksgiving dinner one night. Johnny will be away in Denmark , and I am going home for Thanksgiving , so I decided to make a dinner for all of us to enjoy ! Now cooking in my apartment can be a bit of a challenge.........   I only have stove top burners. One of the burners is itty bitty so I barely can use it. I always find a way to make it work though! I believe it was one of my best dinners yet! I made everything from scratch. I made stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots, salad, turkey breasts, and for dessert I made apples and pears in a carmel cinnamon sauce with vanilla gelato! It was amazing!!!!!!  This Sunday started a break for Johnny's hockey team. We decided to travel to Florence. We went for 3 days! We also traveled with another couple and their dog. We had so much fun! The first day we walked around pretty much the whole day! We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe! It was so nice to get American food. The second day was a blast!!!!! We walked around a huge market. I was looking for a black leather coat for a good deal and I found it!!!! I was so excited. Then we ventured to look for the Jersey Shore house! It took a minute to find and we found it! As we were taking pictures outside of the door this couple was walking in, so we asked them if they saw the Jersey Shore people? They had not a clue one what we were talking about. SO we continued to take photos and these workers we leaving the building for their lunch. This really sweet older man said to us in a super thick Italian accent "Jersey Shore"? We said yes! He said ok follow me! So we followed him in we were so pumped, my girlfriend Jenna and I were screaming of excitement. He told us to be quite about 10 times. Johnny and our buddy Sean were super stoked as well they just didn't scream like girls! The man told us not to take pictures so I didn't. Jenna on the other hand got some great photo's!!!!!! He even gave us plates that they used! We may sell them on ebay! But the man was so nice. He showed us everything. This house was huge. I couldn't believe it. So we feel like we were his first tour. Well we are telling ourselves that so we feel special. So as we continued on our day we decided to continue with the Jersey Shore theme and go find the pizzeria that they worked at. We found it and the boss that is on the show was working! So we met him and talked with him for a bit, we sat under the table where they put their clothes on the line. We got a picture with the boss. And they really did have amazing pizza! After we left there we walked to the bridge area, Jenna and I shopped the boys parked it at a bar. Later on that day we found the place where the Jersey Shore always went to called Astor. It was a really cool place! They boys decided to have dinner there , and Jenna and I didn't want to eat there. We ended up at this place right in the Duomo square and we ate outside! It was amazing food and a great location. Later on that night we met back up with the boys. We didn't hang with them to long..... let's just say we weren't on the same level as them. I wanted to go to bed pretty early..... we were getting up at 8 am the next day to go see the statue of Daivd. When we went to see the stue of David it was amazing. It was huge. I mean I can't believe how back then how he saw a huge marble and decided to carve David into it. And the detail uhhhhhh. I mean it was truly breath taking. I am so glad I went to see it. After we left the museum we went to climb 400 and some steps up top of the Duomo. It was a hard walk up those stairs but man o man was that worth it. The view of Florence up there was incredible. When we headed back down 400 and some steps I thought i was going to go flying down all of them. It was so small and in a spiral . We  ended up walking around some more. Our train wasn't until 6:30 so we had a ton of time to kill. By the time we got on the train I was so exhausted. I had the time of my life but i was ready to get home to my furry babies! They were so excited to see us. So that's what I have been up to. I will get back sooner next time. I won't go a month without writing!











Hi everyone! So since nothing too eventful is happening right now, I really don't have to much to say. The next big event here is the Super Cup which is on Wednesday. Its the first game of the year that matters and its against a rival team so it will be exciting. Also coming up on Friday is when the farmers move Hundreds of cows through Asiago and down the mountain, i will keep you updated then with lots of pictures! I It is quite a site to say the least!  The first regular season game of the year which is Asiago's home opener is on Saturday!! We have been here a month and i havent even seen Johnny play a game yet. So Saturday will be an exciting night, especially after Asiago starts out 1-0!!
Also right now there are 3 girls here, myself, Mindi and Sarah and im excited because there are two more girls coming for the year tomorrow :) I wish them safe travels and cant wait to welcome you to Asiago!! (and also the great wine here..!)
 So as of now nothing to much is going on in our lives.... I did however come up with a genius idea.......... Since I am here in Asiago not doing a whole lot with my life. In a good way though that is :)! You know I wake at 12 ish, maybe go to the grocrey store, walk the dogs, clean , do laundry, and then I cook dinner. I have found a new love and that is cooking. I have always been a pretty good cook I would say. When I gave up red meat when I was 11 or 12 I had to cook a lot for myself. So I never really minded cooking my own food and trying different ingredients to make my food always better! Plus my parents weren't exactly the best chefs(not to be mean).  They had their specialties don't get me wrong. Here in Asiago the food is so fresh. It's pretty much all organic. So the food here takes flavor really easy. So whenever I get a really good response from Johnny, I have decided to share my recipes with you all! I hope you enjoy! On tonight's menu was a side salad, spaghetti, and fresh bread. Here was my recipe for the spaghetti!
Ingredients:
 Wheat Spaghetti Noodles
Plain Pomoddoro (marinara) Sauce
Basil
3 Garlic Cloves Minced
Oregano
Ground Turkey
Olive Oil
Pesto

Sauce
1- In a large sauce pan put 4 tablespoons of olive oil ( just enough so the pan is covered)
2- Add 1 1/2 minced garlice to the pan, along with a tablespoon of basil,and a tablespoon of oregano. Let the 3 ingredients cook for about 3 minutes.
3- Add anout 4 tablespoons of pesto
4- Add pomoddoro sauce. Stir everything together so it's nicely blended. Let this all simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.  After the 15 minutes is up put a lid on and just set a side.
Helpful Hit: Over here the pomadoro sauce tends to be pretty thick and pretty acidic, so I add about a cup of water and a few sprimkles of sugar. That is just up to you and how you like it!
Ground Turkey
1- In a pan put 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
2- Add the rest of the garlic, add 1 tablespoon of basil, and 1 tablespoon of oregano.
3- Add the ground turkey and cook.  Once the turkey is done cooking add to the sauce. Put the sauce on the burner and put low heat. I usually let this all cook together while I am cooking the noodles, so maybe 10 minutes.

 This is what I do for my spaghettii! Feel free to give or take! If you don't like garlic you don't have to add it! This is just what I do! I also go to the bakery here in town and get fresh bread! I do have a block of fresh parmesan cheese that I grade myself!  If you try this recipe I hope you enjoy! Till next time!
                                                                               Love Always,

                                                                                    Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment